Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 6, 2010

Darius Jeremiah

I Samuel 1:27"For this child I have prayed, and the Lord has granted me my petition which I asked of Him
Darius Jeremiah Moore was born today at 8:15pm, and weighed in at 6lb 6oz and was 19 inches long









Today was an amazing day for my family. Being so so sick when I had Sam and Sophia, and the tragedy that happened when my sister Denise's baby died just before he was born at 38wks, I haven't experienced the sheer elation that I got to experience with my little sister. She had asked me to be in the delivery room with her a while ago, and I was beyond thrilled. Then there were some complications during the pregnancy, and I have felt the enemy trying to fill me with fear. And as I have been praying for this baby I have felt my faith grow, and that faith has come to fruition in this tiny precious miracle.
Selfishly I am wishing that I had the kind of birth that my sister just had. But I know that that wasn't the plan for me. We spent a good part of the day at the hospital with her. She was being induced. She really was not making much progress all day. She came in at 2-3 centimeters dilated and stayed that way all day. And then around 6pm she started to get uncomfortable and was looking for some pain relief and was given a shot at 7pm. At that point I decided to leave because she was only 5cm and I was going to come home and drop the kids off with the babysitter. I got here and was just explaining bedtime stuff to the sitter, when my other sister Deanna called me to say that she was getting ready to push. I quick jumped back in the van and headed right back to the hospital. She was so amazing. She went from 5cm to fully dilated in one hour!!! She pushed for less than 5 minutes! And out came this unbelievably gorgeous little boy.
Working in labor and delivery sometimes I take for granted the miracle that each child is. And when things go so smoothly, and it is a baby that I already have been loving and praying for it brings it all back into focus. This delivery was so awesome, as both my parents were there, my brother Dennis and his wife Johanna, and then the baby's father, Doreen's twin sister Deanna, and me. It was such a wonderful experience to witness this miracle as a family.
It has certainly brought me back to the miracle births of my two little sweeties:-)
Sam's birth: http://weberfamilylife.blogspot.com/2006/07/hes-here.html
Sophia's Birth: http://weberfamilylife.blogspot.com/2008/03/sophia-grace-weber.html. Yes I totally have the baby bug, but I know that right now is not the time. And for now I can just love on this beautiful little munchkin. I can't wait to introduce him to Sam and Sophia.
Tomorrow Sam and I head into MGH for the Coordinated Care Clinic. Hoping and praying that there is some info from the sleep study, or that we can get some answers regarding his health insurance as well as what we need to do to get the school district ready for him for next year

No comments: