Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, December 19, 2010

Grace

1 Corinthians 15:10 (NIV) But by the grace of God I am what I am, and his grace to me was not without effect. No, I worked harder than all of them--yet not I, but the grace of God that was with me.

Today I was blessed enough to go to church and have Sam prayed over. Sam and I were surrounded by God's love and prayers. It was wonderful to be reminded that in this journey we are not at all alone. And I do sometimes feel alone in this journey. I know I am just getting so overtired with the apnea alarms and not sleeping. I know that I am feeling overwhelmed with the planning and preparing for the surgery. I know that I feel like I am falling apart and not doing ANY of this good enough. I know that I fail miserably so often with so much of what I try to do. But you know what else? I know that God loves me despite of me, that HE loves me no matter what I mess up. That He carries me when I can no longer walk on my own, and I am forever thankful.
A woman in my church came up to me today after the service and was talking to me. She said how she admires how I carry myself with so much grace! I was so taken aback by this compliment, so stunned! Especially with how much I have been struggling the last few days. And AGAIN God comes to my rescue, to build me up, to encourage and strengthen me! She spoke about from the time that I was 15 and different things that I have gone through, how she has watched me and admired how I carried myself with so much grace. I certainly don't feel that I am what she said, but I was so so blessed by this.
It is amazing how God just places people in your life at the exact moment in time to just bless you in ways you had no idea. Her compliments today give me the strenght and courage to keep on moving to keep on trying, to keep on believing. Thank you Kristine, for reminding me of my purpose in this life, the purpose of living my life to show the world God's love!!!

No comments: