Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Sleep Apnea

Oh my goodness this sleep apnea is kicking my butt. After getting the results of Sam's sleep study last week, and definitely realizing that the surgery is needed because the apnea is "moderate to severe" I have become more anxious about it. Throw in this recent illness, and the CONSTANT alarming from his monitor last night and I am exhausted.
I spoke with his doctor this afternoon and she called down to Children's Hospital to see what the ENT on call recommended. His recommendation was to admit Sam to the hospital and to see if his oxygen level is affected by his episodes. So we will be heading into the hospital shortly after I pack a bag for Sophia, Sam and I. Thankfully I have wonderful friends who are willing to take care of our little princess:-)
I guess depending on how the sleep goes tonight at the hospital will determine what the next course of action is. If he requires a lot of oxygen and they are unable to maintain his oxygen level, then we will be transferred to Boston Children's either during the night or tomorrow. At this point I am not even sure what to pray for. If I pray for him to have a bad night so that they do the surgery sooner, then that means we will be in the hospital or at least away from home for Christmas, if I pray for him to have a good night, then they will continue the surgery out where it is scheduled and we will have a couple more weeks of misery...
I must add how blessed I feel to have such wonderful people supporting us through this time. Although I feel completely overwhelmed and stressed out, God continues to fill my path with people who just give of themselves so selflessly and bless us so richly. The wonderful couple who are taking Sophia for us tonight, are supposed to be going away to Cape Cod tomorrow, they are totally willing to change their plans to help us take care of Sophia. Thank you guys you are such a blessing!!!

Romans 8:37 (NIV) No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.

No comments: