Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Whirlwind trip





Using Grammie's magnifying glass

Last night we left on a whirlwind trip from Mass. to Virginia to see my wonderful grandmother. The kids, my mom and I left last night at 10:30 and drove through the night and got here this morning at 9am. The kids slept all but about fifteen minutes of the drive, over five hundred miles!!! They did so amazing.
We drove down to Williamsburg where my gram lives with my aunt Leslie and Uncle Bruce. They were kind enough to host us while we are here. I am incredibly exhausted but so thankful that we made it here safe and sound. And even more thankful that we have this time to spend with my gram as she has congestive heart failure and is not doing well:-(
My grandmother is such an amazing woman, she had eight kids, six boys and two girls. She sent all of her sons to Vietnam, and she prayed each of their safe returns home. She was a labor and delivery nurse (my mom is a nurse, and now me:-)). She has always been selfless, and would give the shirt off her back to anyone. My childhood is filled with so many wonderful memories of her, making pies, walks, her singing and rocking us, saying our prayers with us and tucking us in, watching wheel and fortune and jeopardy. Playing cards, and Rummikub. Footrubs, and stories of when she was a child. Her pinning me at my nursing pinning ceremony. Her holding Sophia at her dedication, in the gown that she also wore when she was christened. She is an amazing woman and a true inspiration to me. I love her so so much!!!:-)

No comments: