Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Scary

This morning I woke up to hearing Sammy whimpering:-( I called him but he wasn't actually awake. We were having a campout in the living room, since that room is the warmest. I went over and felt him and he felt cold. So I checked his temperature, the ear thermometer said 93.6 so I of course had to get the rectal. Now this whole time I am talking to him and he isn't responding. I checked his temp rectally and it was 94.7 (34.8 celcius), he didn't even respond to the rectal thermometer. So I stripped him and used my body heat and the wood stove to warm him up while I called the doctor. His temp is in the 96s now, but it sure is scary. Talked with Dr V and she is calling Children's Endocrinology. So I am waiting to see what the plan is going to be. It is so scary, in all the times of him having a low body temp, he has never not been appropriately responsive. So please pray for him, and for his doctors for wisdom. Thanks!!!
These are some of my favorite pics of my little man from when he was 6months old, and life was way less scary....

1 comment:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Thinking of you both. Hoping you find some answers soon.