Sam and I went to see the pulmonogist on thursday. I went into this appointment kind of feeling like it wasn't going to really be beneficial or anything. I was kind of put off by the doctor's first comment: "WEll you are pretty plugged in to the medical community. What is it that you want from me?" I then proceeded to tell him how DR M had wanted us to come see him, and then gave him a brief synopsis of Sammy's life. Once he had a better understanding of Sammy, he was a lot more helpful and kind.
He believes that Sammy pretty surely does have sleep apnea (although there were a few mentions of some type of asthmatic issues) and that he probably does need to have his tonsils and adenoids out. But that being said he said he was putting us on the "emergency" waiting list to have a repeat sleep study done. So I got the call for this emergency sleep study. You know when it is scheduled for? January 27th!!!
Anyways so after we had this appointment Sammy and I went and had a little snack, and then got back on the T and headed back to Alewife (trainstation. I think this is 6 stops or something. We got out and went to the garage to go get the van. And then my cell phone rings....it is his hematologist. And they want us to come right back in, so we paid for the T (again!) because money grows on trees, and went back into MGH.
Once there we went up to the office and waited for a couple of minutes. She came in and said that he looked really good. And then she said that with the type of bleeding disorder he has, they really won't treat it until he is in crisis and bleedind large amounts uncontrollably. I am so frustrated with this. It is like we are going to be constantly waiting for something bad to happen.
And then the next thing she said is that she would definitely recommend not having his tonsils out. So now I am not quite sure what to do???
I prayed for this child, and the LORD has granted me what I asked of him. 1 Samuel 1:27