Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Apnea monitor, blessings, and playing



My handsome little Sammy


Beautiful Sophia

These two pictures are the perfect examples of the polar opposite personalities of my amazing kiddos

My wild child Sophia, not holding on and going as fast and furious as she possibly can, and sometimes not even looking where she is going


Cautious Sammy, white knuckling the handles on his bike, occaisionally biting his tongue in concentration to make sure he is doing all things the right way/

First, oh my goodness the apnea monitor for Sam is driving me NUTS!!! I actually called the doctors office yesterday to see if I could get the parameters changed because it is alarming about 8-15 times an hour!!! It is horrible, startling and extremely frustrating. We know that Sam has really low heart rates at times, and the apnea monitor is proving it, but since the monitor isn't also monitoring his oxygen levels, it is almost pointless to know how low it is going unless it is a dangerous low. Praying that tomorrow we will get the parameters changed...
Today I had the idea to go and help a dear friend of mine who is 38+ weeks pregnant with baby number 3. She had mentioned last week how she was feeling stressed and overwhelmed with all she had to do to get ready. So I got another wonderful friend today and totally went over there aiming to go and bless Carol. And you know what happened? God totally blessed me! I had such a wonderful refreshing visit with my friends. It is so wonderful to talk with people who are in the same stage of life with me, who are also working outside of the home as nurses and having all kinds of other similar things going on. I am just so thankful to have been able to spend the morning with them.
In other WONDERFUL news Matt has been working his butt off the last several weeks building a beautiful fence for our yard. It is DONE!!! Not to his specifications, but it is perfect, the goal is to keep the kids safe, namely my wild child Sophia and it does. The kids now can go up and down the drive way without the concern of the road because they are fenced in:-)

1 comment:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Hoping you find some answers soon and that the bleeping doesn't drive you too insane.