Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

A blast at Children's

Oh my! So we had some of our favorite nurses today as we had his IVIG. Sam was so awesome, and the first attempt at the IV he didn't flinch or anything, unfortunately the IV blew and they had to restick him. He was very emotional about it but they were so good to him. One of the most fun nurses I have ever met in my entire life (who just happens to be pregnant) told Sam that if he was brave that she would let him paint her belly. And so she did!!! Can you believe it? We are so blessed to have this hospital and these nurses, they always say that it is all about the patient's comfort and happiness. This truly proves it for me. And then there was a harpist playing while we were there, it was absolutely beautiful and soothing to listen to her. Sam was just in awe of her, and couldn't tear his eyes away.




1 comment:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

I'm so glad that you have a great team there. It's nice to read about the good things sometimes. Ivy is going in for her infusion tomorrow, sick. Those are often the worst infusions because the reaction is so strong afterwards.

I'm hoping to see her doctor but of course there are never any promises and I am hoping the nurse from hell doesn't have ivy either. *sigh* I know that sounds awful, being a nurse myself, before all of this started, I know they often do so much for little thanks but this nurse always seems to bring trouble with her.