Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, May 28, 2009

Immunology and GI update


Phew it has been a busy week. We went and saw the immunologist yesterday. He didn't come right out and say it but it certainly would appear that he is contemplating IVIG for Sam again. I kind of expected it but it is so weird to be relieved and disappointed at the same time. I would much rather have him be healthy and not have to deal with the IVIG at all, but on the other hand I am scared of him getting really sick. So our plan for now is to hold on the IVIG for now, and see how he does. We will track his antibody titers to vaccines, and also monitor all of his IgG, IgM, IgE, and IgA levels. His IgG level was 872. When we started the IVIG way back when he was little he was under 200. So as of now we are in a good place with that. But Dr B said that it isn't only quantity it is quality and how well they work. So we will be watching how often he is sick as well.
We also saw GI this week. He is very pleased with how he is doing. He is gaining well. He is 29lb 6oz and is 36inches. He is the 35th percentil for his weight, and 45th for his height. So now we just watch, pray that the bloody stools don't come back and that he doesn't end up with C.Diff again.
This week has been rough. Between Sophia falling down the stairs, my car breaking down, an infant death at work and then the two appointments this week I am exhausted. But today I am held in the palm of my Lord's hand. When I am weak He is strong. When I am empty He fills me up. When I am dry He quenches my thirst. And I am ever so thankful. Remember that no matter what is happening, no matter how bad of a day/week you are having... God is walking beside you through it all, and when you can't go on He will pick you up and bring you the rest of the way.

No comments: