Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Our little princess

Sammy flirting with the staff
Car seat challenge

Meeting Grandpa for the first time


Don't worry, I will protect you little sister.




The loves of my life





We are doing so well. I am so thankful to God for the miracles He has given us. Technically she is two days old and is doing very well. Unfortunately her bilirubin level is slightly elevated and she may have to go under the bililights, but I kind of thought she might anyways as Sammy did, and it is more common in Preemies. She weighed 4lb 14oz today, which is something I am discouraged about as well, I was really hoping to keep her above 5lbs but we will fatten her up. Here are some pictures from today. She had her car seat challenge today as well. For those of you who don't know, a baby who is born less than 37weeks (Sophie is 34) has to have this test. They put the baby on a cardiac monitor as well as an oxygen monitor, and put her in her carseat for an hour. During this time they look for any times her heart beat drops, her oxygen level drops, or long pauses in breathing. She didn't pass the test the first time, but was repositoned and passed the second time.

1 comment:

Niki said...

I love the pics of Sammy with his arm around little Sophia - he will be a great big brother I am sure! Glad to see you are doing well. She is so precious!