Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A whole kaboodle of mixed emotions

Today we went and saw Sam's immunologist. We are moving forward with the plan to trial off of the gammaglobulin after this month. We will then watch his levels and see if they start to drop off or if he gets sick during the trial period we will reinstitute the treatment. I am so excited that we may be moving beyond this part of his life, but am so scared that if his immune system still isn't quite up to par then he will get really sick and I just can't stand to think of him being so sick again. I am so excited and scared to death at the same time. I know that God is in control but I just don't know what His perfect plan is for my little guy. Please pray that all is well with his immune system and that this is a chapter in our lives that we will be putting behind us.
In other news, Sophia seems to be coming down with something. Low grade temp and very fussy with extremely rosy cheeks, we were going in tomorrow for a weight check anyways so we shall see. Dr V is also seeming Sam as she is wondering if the falling has to do with fluid or something in his ears, and then if he does have an infection do we treat it or not? Do we risk C-Diff? Uh, I can't imagine what things will be like when contemplating this type of thing when he isn't on the gammaglobulin . Lord, your will be done...

1 comment:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Wow. I bet you are feeling so many things right now. We are only new on this journey and I can't imagine trialling off the IVIG yet.
It's a big step.

I hope that everything goes well. I'll be thinking of you and your little guy and hope that your little girl doesn't become too sick either.