Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Sophia Grace Weber!!!!

A look back to a year ago today...
I had been admitted to the hospital two days prior on sunday. Dr V was out of town and I was admitted by another doctor. I had woken up sunday morning with a horrific headache and called mom. She came over and picked up Sam to bring him to Matt's aunt and uncle. We then all went up to the hospital. And the waiting began. My liver function tests were increasing, my blood pressure was slightly elevated. It wasn't alarmingly high but just enough with my history to bare watching.
They decided to keep me overnight and see if the headache got better, if the liver stuff got worse, and how my BP did. Dr V was home the next day and didn't want to let me go home. So we stayed another day.
Tuesday morning I woke up and felt 100x better. The HA was better blood pressure was good and they were just repeating my labs to see if I could go home. Dr V was going to discharge me, when the labs came back more elevated. She talked to the OB doctor that was on, and they decided that I was far enough along to deliver if necessary. They would repeat the labs at 11am, and then do a c-section (because Sophia was breech). The 11am labs had increased by about 30 points or more, so they knew that it was time to deliver. So then the craziness of the day started. I was calling my whole family and Matt's parents too to watch Sam, but none of them were available My sisters were in school, I couldn't get a hold of Denise, Dad wasn't answering his cell, and either was mom. So I called Denise's home number and the man that they had living there at the time, told me that my dad had had a heartattack. No one had wanted to tell me. Although he was downstairs in our ER, I had no idea until that point what had been going on.
So mom went to Boston to ST Elizabeth hospital with Dad. And Matt's Aunt Terri and Uncle DAnny got Sammy for us.
Dr D (the OB) did an ultrasound to make sure Sophia was still breech and we signed all the consents to do the surgery. Then I started to panic, as I didn't want a spinal. The anesthesiologist was wonderful and totally helped me to relax. The spinal was in and I didn't even feel it go in. I layed down and anxiously waited to hear the cry of my little miracle. When they finally got into my womb, they found that Sophia had flipped and was no longer breech!!! The doctor's felt so bad. It was funny to me though. Sophia came out screaming her little head off, it was the most beautiful sound in my entire life. It was amazing. I never got that initial experience with Sam.
Sophia Grace you have changed my world, you have opened my eyes to beauty that I had forgotten existed. I pray for you always, I pray for God's guidance to show you the way that He would want you to go. I love you from now until eternity. You are a beautiful amazing tiny little creature, who I am amazed by each day. I thank God for you. I thank God that He has allowed me to be your mommy. The amazing opportunity I have to change the world through you is amazing. Your happy smiling personality and strong will are a testiment to your personality. Your scooting instead of crawling, your eating habits (and struggles) show us that you are your own little being who knows what you want. We pray for you little one that God's grace and protection will be around you always. I love you little one!!!


tiff said...

Happy 1st birthday to your gorgeous girl and happy birthing day to you.

Niki said...

I can't believe she is already 1 year old!!! Happy birthday sweet girl!