Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Chronicles of feeding a Failure to Thrive Child



I can't even begin to explain how frustrated I am getting with Sophia's eating habits. I only got 4-5bites of food into her ALL DAY today!!! She just adamently refused anything and everything that I offered her. It doesn;t matter if the food is warm or cold, if it was pureed or chunky, if it was something she could take small lbite of, etc. Even if she loved something yesterday there is a very poor chance that she would even eat it again today. Some days it is about self feeding, and other days she wants to be fed, I just don't know anymore.
She actually physically mushes her mouth together and also whacks the food away or throws it. Lots of fun right? If anyone has any ideas I would love to have them.
Sam is doing well. He complained frequently about abdominal pain but seems to be doing fairly well.
I am still waiting for a call back from the GI doctor about Sam's allergy testing and some otehr blood tests they did, and also for Sophia what her plans are if things continue like they are.

No comments: