Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Thankful to Boston Children's Hospital




Have I said recently how blessed we are to have Children;s Hospital? Today was Sam's transfusion. Everyone greats us and treats us like family. They had balloons and a gift for Sam since it was just his birthday. I said how I had some concerns with Sam and they called the immunologist while I was there so that he knew what was going on and I didn't have to go through the answering service. They gave us a private room (instead of a room with multiple cubicles for several patients) so I could feed Sophia. They are just fantastic there.
Sam did wonderfully. He didn't even flinch when they started the IV. He just played with the toys and watched the Cars movie for the first time while they were getting his IV started. When they were all done he said "thank you"
Mom came with me and my best friend Chantal met us there. THanks to them I am still sane. And then it was downpouring on the way home and we were hydroplaning because the tires were bad. We prayed and God kept us safe. It was quite the ride home as I had a pounding headache, it was pouring, and Sophia was screaming her little head off. So our next purchase will have to be for some new tires.

No comments: