Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Saturday, September 5, 2009

The "unofficial" word



So working in a hospital I have certain connections that kind of lead me to be a little bit spoiled, that is I can ask MDs about results, get lab results as soon as they are ready in the computor etc. But sometimes this isn't a good thing. Yesterday (friday) I spoke with Sam's primary twice, she is so wonderful. She called his GI doctor who is thinking that this is an intestinal infection or something. My heart had dropped to the pit of my stomach... You see that is how we determined that Sam was IgG deficient, because he kept getting the colitis (intestinal infection). So tonight while at work I was able to review his lab work.... I then got a hold of the ER doc, and said hey what does this mean, and his response? "intestinal infection or colitis." OK so now what? It just brings me back to these days...

1 comment:

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Hugs.
It's all I've got because there are no words.
With our kids it's just one thing after another, it seems.