Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Sunday, May 23, 2010

ER visits and Head CT...

So Sam slipped and fell in the tub last night. And immediately my brain went back to the last time I had spoken with his hematologist and her saying "I would have a very low threshhold for getting him checked out if he hits his head." So I sent a message to his PCP and since she was still awake I called her (she is SO THE BEST!!!) and she told me that I defintiely needed to take him up there. I then called the hospital and told them I was coming. We were seen within 10-15minutes, not sure if it is because of the bleeding disorder, or because I called, or becuase it was a head issue, but I am so thankful that they took us so quickly. Sammy fell asleep while we were in the waiting room, and didn't wake up throughout the whole rest of the time we were there. I layed him on a stretcher, picked him up, carried him to CT, layed him on the table for CT with his head between those block things, did the CT, picked him up, layed him back on the stretcher, the doctor examined him, shined a light in his face, picked him up carried him outside, buckled him in his carseat, drove home, carried him in and put him to bed and he has yet to wake!!!
The CT of his brain looked ok, so now we just have to watch him closely for the next 24 hours or so. So for now we just wait and pray. But I am just praising God at how quick and smooth the visit went, that the CT wasn't scary for him (he doesn't even know he had it:-)) and that everything is ok. Besides the big egg on his head, you wouldn't know anything had happened. I am so thankful the ER staff were great with us, and we are now home safe and sound. Thank you Lord

I Samuel 1:27-28, "I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of Him. So now I give him to the Lord. For his whole life he will be given over to the Lord."

No comments: