Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

So behind...

I am exhausted but haven't updated recently (will give you the short version now) and explain more later. We had all kinds of snags and hoops to jump through to get to the new house but we are in and now just trying to get it together.
Sam has been struggling the last few days. He has diarrhea, and has been running a fever intermittenly since yesterday. He has been very sleepy and fussy. This isn't how Sophia presented so I am not sure if these illnesses are related. Spoke with MD on thursday but will call tomorrow if he isn't doing better.
Sophia is still back and forth, she seemed really good today, and ate really well. She also has had intermittent fevers and loose stools. Thankfully the hepatitis screening all came back negative, so it wasn't that. The doctor is thinking that A) It was a really nasty virus that is really difficult to get rid of
OR B) her immune system doesn't function properly and that that is why she has gotten so sick... My thoughts about this are two fold: one if it is such a nasty virus I would expect Sammy to have gotten it (praising God that He didn't) or two that if her immune system is not functioning optimally that she would have been sicker at younger ages as Sammy was. So I guess we just continue to wait this out... IN OUR NEW HOUSE!!!

2 comments:

Lisa and Jonathan said...

I'm sorry the kids are sick. I hope they feel better soon. Thank you so much for all the info you can give me on Pre-e and HELLP. There is no hurry on the info whenever you can. my email is jasperthomas@live.com.

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

Hope things get better for you soon. Yay for being in the new house!