Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, August 6, 2007

Long over due post

It has been quite a long time since I last wrote, and lots of things have happened. All the blood work that the Dr did got better the second time that she checked it, still a little abnormal but better. All the hepatitis tests came back negative so taht is good. Another good thing is that during this time they checked his antibodies to HepB and he has some!! I am so thankful. The ultrasound came back normal as well, there are no issues with the ducts or vessels, there are no blockages or swelling. So even though I am so happy that all this stuff is resolving, my big question is what caused it?
I have come to the conclusion on my own that Sam definitely does have something going on with his immune system. AFter all if whatever he just had was just a virus, then it shouldn't have caused all the issues it did. And also a normal healthy kid doesn't fight the same minor virus for two plus weeks..
In other news last week MAtt was driving home from work when the ball bearing joint or something like that broke. It then pulled the seal out of the transmission and he slid sideways in the road. We are so fortunate that he didn't get killed. His father was able to help him fix it but it was just another added expense.
Sam's PT came today and noticed that he had increased tone and posturing today. She throws those phrases out there and then wonders why I get a little anxious about it. I am not sure if it is because he is just getting over being sick and it is like a little set back, or if like she said some kids that she has seen they get increased tone when they are going to get sick. Regardless I am just praying he gets better

1 comment:

23wktwinsmommy said...

Danielle, thanks for the update. I'm so glad things came back normal for the most part, but like you said it must still be hard not to have answers. I am also so thankful that Matt is okay..how scary!
As for your PT, those are scary terms, but hopefully he is not getting sick again. I think Sam is doing amazing and he is so adorable!