Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Immunology update take 2



Well I have heard back from the immunologist. Now the plan is to do the IV gammaglobulin monthly through spring of 2009!!! I am so discouraged and overwhelmed. After a year of him being sick for what seems like all of the time, I thought the fix would be done by next summer. I thought we would just have one more year of craziness and that would be it. But unfortunately for us that is not the case:( They had also done some other blood work and Sam's liver function tests were elevated a few weeks ago, then they came back down to normal levels and then now they are higher than they had been. I just wish I knew what was ultimately going on with this little guy. Although we now have a plan for the immunolgy stuff now there is this liver problem that we now have to deal with.

On a happier note he is walking everywhere!!! He walks like frankenstein with his arms straight out in front of him to help his balance. It is so cute. He found a pacifier in his toy box today and sucked and chewed on it for most of the day!!! It was so funny, he never took a pacifier taht good but now it was like a fun toy for him.

Tomorrow we have the appointment with the gastrointerologist. I am not really sure what will happen at that appointment. Maybe he will have some insight into all of the liver stuff.

2 comments:

23wktwinsmommy said...

Sorry to hear the news from immunology. It must be so hard and overwhelming to think about Sam having to undergo these procedures for such a long time. I too wish there was a way to figure out WHY he is having these issues...and now with the liver problems...like I've said before it's a mystery for Dr. House to solve. I hope you get some answers, and I hope Sam begins to have some LONG stretches of illness-free days.

23wktwinsmommy said...

p.s. SOOOOO exciting to see him WALKING all over the place! He is sooo cute!