Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Friday, August 24, 2007

Immunology update

Well I got a call from the immunologist today at Children's. I was suprised as I thought it would be anothe week or so before we would have the results of his blood work. I guess his got flagged because it was abnormal. Well the first time they did the immunogy work up his IgG levels were abnormally low, but then they were repeated, and they were in the bare minimum of the normal range, well this time they are even lower:( So they are really now thinking to do the IV IgG and want to get started as soon as possible. We will hear back from him on monday and by that point we should have a more definite plan. I am so concerned about the IV access and all the blood draws that will have to be done. My poor little pumpkin, but hopefully it will get better and we won't have to do this forever. The doctor is saying at least through next summer and then they will reevaluate the need at that point. He also has another ear infection and of course has diarrhea from the antibiotic. Now we are just praying he doesn't get the C. diff. colitis again. Poor little pumpkin

1 comment:

23wktwinsmommy said...

Hi Danielle,
I'm sorry Sam's levels did not come back in the normal range as hoped. I hope teh Drs now come up with a plan that help Sam to fight off these repeated sicknesses. I really want to see him again soon, and so does Serena! I hope he feels better soon, and prayers for no C. Diff!