Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Fifth Birthday tickers

Monday, December 14, 2009

Popcorn kernels + nose= Not a good combo

I guess it was bound to happen, my silly boy stuck something up his nose. I can't even believe it was popcorn. Crazy kid! He all of a sudden started saying "mommy help it won't come out!" I had no idea what he was talking about! So of course I look up there, and low and behold what do I see?!?!? A popcorn kernel! Thankfully he was able to blow it out with a little prodding from me and we didn't have any issues. But I totally can see how this could be an ER situation. I was getting really anxious as I was trying to get it out. Thankfully he is old enough to know how to blow, and he has big nostrils. But I still can't believe it!!!
He also had a bloody stool today:-( Has had increased abdominal pain and now has watery diarrhea. Poor guy. Of course Dr V is on vacation until wednesday so hopefully nothing crazy will happen tomorrow. But I am sure I will touch base with her at least by wednesday....

2 comments:

jennie.newland said...

I think sticking something in the nose is a passageway into toddler-hood. LOL My little guy decided that a pepperminy tic-tac was the way to go! LOL Hope everything turns out oK with your little guy!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

My daughter it was a bingo ball and we did end up in the ER because nobody could get it out.

Hope Sammy's tummy settles soon.